Configure Corporate Wallpaper and Lock Screen Image for all Users in a Corporate Environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

I'm try to set up my first MDT to deploy Windows 10, for the moment i have configured basic things...but i would like to know if there is a way  throught MDT 2013 to change the Default Wallpaper and the Lock Screen Image.

We used to install Windows 7 with a custom image through WDS(os USB Stick) where we had changed the default Wallpaper through the copyprofile during the sysprep.

I thought to use the same process as in Windows 7 using sysprep the system with the copyprofile and after create the WIM file import in MDT and start work with that.

or there is a way  during the task Sequence to "replace" the default images with the ours?? I have search on google but nothing so clair...

Friday, September 29, 2017 11:17 AM

All replies

• Here is the script I developed for a customer a while ago to replace default wallpaper in Windows 10 - I borrowed the initial idea from Jörgen Nilsson:

<#

************************************************************************************************************************

Created:   2016-11-01
    Version:   1.0

Author:    Jörgen Nilsson, Anton Romanyuk 

Purpose:   This script replaces default wallpaper in Windows 10 

Additional Info:
               Windows 10 uses different backgrounds depending on the resolution you use. 
               If you use any of the following resolutions, 768 x 1024, 768 x 1366, 1024 x 768,
               1200 x 1920, 1366 x 768, 1600 x 2560, 2160 x 3840, 2560 x 1600, 3840 x 2160 the 
               file matching the resolution  in the following folder %Windir%\Web\4K\Wallpaper\
               Windows will be used.

If the resolution used doesn’t match any of the above resolutions the default 
               background %Windir%\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg will be used instead.

The files are owned by TrustedInstaller and TrustedInstaller is the only user that
               has permissions to change these files as well.

To be able to replace them using a script we need to take ownership of the files 
               and then change the permissions on them so we can replace them with the custom 
               background image.

Note:      This script has to run in the SYSTEM context!

************************************************************************************************************************

#>

cls

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Global variables

$ScriptName = split-path -leaf $MyInvocation.MyCommand.Path
    $Logpath = "C:\SYS\temp\Logs"
    $LogFile = $Logpath + "\" + "$ScriptName.log"

# Logging functions

Function Start-Logging{
        start-transcript -path $LogFile -Force
    }
    Function Stop-Logging{
        Stop-Transcript
    }

# Main logic

. Start-Logging

takeown /f C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg
    takeown /f C:\Windows\Web\4K\Wallpaper\Windows\*.*

# In order to support non-English systems we need to query actual group names using well known SIDs
    # SID: S-1-5-18, Name: System
    # SECURITY_LOCAL_SYSTEM_RID, a special account used by the operating system
    # SID: S-1-5-32-544,  Name: Administrators
    # A built-in group. After the initial installation of the operating system, the only member of the 
    # group is the Administrator account. When a computer joins a domain, the Domain Admins group is 
    # added to the Administrators group. When a server becomes a domain controller, the Enterprise Admins 
    # group also is added to the Administrators group.

$SIDs= @("S-1-5-18", "S-1-5-32-544")

ForEach ($SID in $SIDs) {
        $acc_sid = New-Object System.Security.Principal.SecurityIdentifier($SID) 
        $acc = $acc_sid.Translate([System.Security.Principal.NTAccount]) -creplace '^[^\\]*\\', ''

icacls C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg /Grant ($acc + ":(F)")
        icacls C:\Windows\Web\4K\Wallpaper\Windows\*.* /Grant ($acc + ":(F)")
    }

# Copies default wallpaper to the wallpaper store. This ensures that end users can still select 
    # default Windows 10 wallpaper as their desktop background.
    Copy-Item "C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg" "C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Theme1\img0.jpg" -Force -Verbose

Remove-Item "C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg" -Force
    Remove-Item "C:\Windows\Web\4K\Wallpaper\Windows\*.*" -Force

Copy-Item "$PSScriptRoot\img0.jpg" "C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg" -Verbose -Force
    Copy-Item "$PSScriptRoot\4K\Wallpaper\Windows\*.*" "C:\Windows\Web\4K\Wallpaper\Windows" -Verbose -Force

. Stop-Logging

For the lock screen, you could go down the GPO route: https://damonjohns.com/2015/09/28/windows-10-implementing-custom-branding/ (You could also use GPO to configure default wallpaper as well).

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, September 29, 2017 2:42 PM
  • Any updates?

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, October 2, 2017 1:46 PM