Windows Media Center Help PLEASE! RRS feed

• Question

• Im running Windows Vista RC1 (5600).

My windows media center was working fine until about a week ago, when I went to watch live/recorded tv, it said :

"Media center has stopped working..."

It does this every single time I tried to watch live/recorded tv. I can do everything else in the media center fine, like browse through the guide or play music.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? I can't restore my computer back since the furthest back it can go is 3 days ago, and this started happening a week ago...

Please please please help me :(

Monday, November 20, 2006 9:55 AM

All replies

• for now set your clock back to befor october 31st and all dvds will play fine

grant

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 3:07 AM
  • Thank you soooooo much, Grant. :)

That seemed to do the trick. Any reason why though? :P

Thursday, November 23, 2006 9:02 AM
  • I, too, am having this problem. Is there any way to fix it without having to roll back the calendar?

Monday, November 27, 2006 6:53 PM
  • NO!
    Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:34 PM
  • Using Windows Vista RC2, Build 5744.

Windows Vista Media Center was working fine for three weeks since second week of December 2006.  Now in January 4, 2007, Windows Vista Media Center will not work at all.

It says the codecs are not installed or not working for audio/video files.

How do I install all of the proper codecs for Windows Vista Media Center?

I never set up System Restore at all in Windows Vista.  

I already tried re-setting up Windows Vista Media Center and that did not solve the codecs problem.

Friday, January 5, 2007 7:58 AM
  • Well, this seems to be a widespread problem.

It seems that the DVD codec has....well... "expired" without notice on January 4th.

If you put the calendar back on 2006 it works.

I'm sure that a fix (official or not) will appear sooner or later on the internet...

Friday, January 5, 2007 10:25 PM
  • i would say to go to the site and download the program that is mot working and that should fix your problem if not then i have no more things that i coulds that would help you.

Friday, November 28, 2008 10:01 PM