none
Win2012R2 - Remote App Resource - Saving to Local 'Home' Drive on a MAC

Question

• Hi all,

got RemoteApp installed on a Win2012R2 server. User has two devices, one a desktop MAC and the other a laptop MAC. Both have the Microsoft RD Client installed to access the remote resource applicaiton. When the user tries to save to his local 'home' drive on the laptop it appear in the Save As window and he can save without issue. When he tries to save to his local drive on his desktop, the local 'home' drive does not appear.

My knowledge of all-MAC related things is very limited so was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what could be casuing this? All the other users on site can save documents to their local drives from the Remote App resource. Is there some sort of permissions which need granting on the MAC itself to allow the Remote Desktop app to view/use the local 'home' drive?

Thanks

Thursday, June 14, 2018 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if problem only happens on specific client device, or, specific user account? 

If possible, please try to log on RemoteApp using another working user account on the problematic system and check the result. 

In general, we can restrict the drive access permission via RDC configuration on MAC:
    1. Click the + button.

2. In the Add Local Folder window, enter the following information:

Name: Set a name for the folder to be available during the remote session.

Path: Select the path to the folder to be available during the remote session.

3. Click the close button to save the remote desktop.

Getting Started with Remote Desktop Client on Mac:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-R2-and-2012/dn473012(v=ws.11)

Besides, you may check drive redirection configuration on your RD CB -  specific Collection properties.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 15, 2018 9:01 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Eve. The customer is using a remote resource (a RemoteApp) rather than remote desktop so i think the options may be different. Are you able to provide a screenshot to illustrate what this would look like on a MAC?

In the link you provided it says:

"Drive Redirection for Remote Resources

Drive redirection is supported for remote resources, so that you can save files created with a remote application locally to your Mac. The redirected folder is always your home directory displayed as a network drive in the remote session."

What i cannot figure out is why on one machine the 'home' directory is displaying as a network drive (exactly as described above) but the other the 'home' drectory simply doesn't appear.

Friday, June 15, 2018 1:19 PM