Broken videos and music folders, acting like just one RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to move my documents, pictures, videos etc. folders from ssd to hdd to make my hdd the storage disk by changing their location, but i accidently moved videos and music into one folder and they merged. They have still have their right icon but they are both named music and act like a one folder. Please do anyone know hot to fix this?

Thank you, in advance.

Friday, January 5, 2018 9:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can distinguish video files and music files by file extension, such as *.AVI, *.MP3, and so on.

(1) make file extensions shown/visible:
         run File Explorer > select Computer (on the right pane)
         > click [Organize] (on the top left of menu bar)
         > click [Folder and search options]

> remove check (uncheck) [Hide extensions for known file types]
         then [OK]

(2) in File Explorer, sort by [Type] .... click [Type] in the column header 

it is convenient to use [Details] view

(3) determine/distinguish video and music files:
         if you are not certain about file extensions, please refer to the article:
         Common File Extensions

(4) copy/move them into separate folders for video or music

Good luck !!
    Regards,

Ashidacchi

• Proposed as answer by Vera Hu Monday, January 8, 2018 8:34 AM
    Saturday, January 6, 2018 7:33 AM
  • Thank you for reply, but i think i explained badly my problem.

I don't have problem with mixed files in one folder but i conected location of the Videos and Music folders and now i can't split them back to normal. When i change something (location, files inside...) in one of them the other one change it too.

Here are photos of these folders. Sorry for the language, my windows is in czech.(Videa=Videos, Hudba=Music)

Thank you, in advance.

Regards,

Martin.

Sunday, January 14, 2018 10:17 PM
  • Hi,

I can hardly understand the meaning of "i conected location of the Videos and Music folders and now i can't split them back to normal."

What does it mean by "split them back to normal"?

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Monday, January 15, 2018 12:46 AM
  • Hi, The location of these two folders are the same as you can see on the third photo so the videos and music folder are basicaly the same folders because of the same location. When i try to put any document, video or enything in one of those folders it also appear in the other one. Those two folders names are the same, only difference between them is their original Videos and Music icon that didn’t changed. Thank you, in advance. Regards, Martin.
    Monday, January 15, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Hi,

You can know the real/actual folder name in the tab [Sdileni] (Sharing).
    After specifying the actual folder, change the folder name as you like in order to distinguish from each other.

# I don't share any folders, so I cannot see the same Properties as you. 

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Monday, January 15, 2018 9:41 AM
  • Hi, I'm having the same problem as you currently.
    Did you ever manage to fix this???
    Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:55 AM