none
See Who Logged in RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    I Have installed project server 2013 trial version.
    The license is ending soon. To decide whether to buy it or not, we need to see if it has been useful to the organization.
    Is there a way to generate report who used or who logged in to the Project Server?
    May I know how to do it? 
    Thank you.
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You can start by going to the server settings, manage users and see the last connexion date (empty when the user never connected to Project Server). Then if you need something more elaborated, please come back to us with a more detailed need and we'll propose you alternative solutions.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCC |

Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:57 AM
  • Thank you for your quick response and kind help.

May I know how to do it from here: http://postimg.org/image/uy13pmmv3/

Thank you once again!

Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:11 AM
  • You are looking (from the picture) at the site settings and not the server settings.

The URL should be something like: http://<instance name>/PWA/_layouts/15/pwa/Admin/Admin.aspx

From the home page, click on the "server settings" link on the quick launch menu.

If you don't see it, click on "edit links" and add the "server settings link".

Hope this helps,

Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:20 AM
  • Thank you so much.

I'm here now but can't seem to find the "Manage Users"

• Edited by Jen-C Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:35 AM
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:31 AM
  • That means that you are in SharePoint permissions mode and not Project Server mode. Thus I guess your solution would be to create an SSRS report.

See this exemple for 2010, but still applicable with some adjustements:

https://badalratra.wordpress.com/2014/03/24/active-users-report-last-accessed/

Hope this helps,

Thursday, October 8, 2015 11:46 AM
  • Generating this kind of report is not default for MS Project Server?

Thank you for the link but I have no idea how to do that. Do I have to install addtl software to do this?

I installed the trial MS Project Server using a stand alone (SharePoint with built-in SQL)

Friday, October 9, 2015 3:46 AM
  • No, there is no need for MS to generate a report for who logged in 

They provide you who logged in and when via the reporting database//ssrs (which is why Guillaume gave you that option)

If you configure project permission mode, you'll have a nicer interface that can be sorted and then exported to a CSV/excel but its not a "report"

these type of things if you want a report, for example frequency/trends/etc have to be done at the database level and then completed further by the engineer who is performing these tasks.  It would take a long post to "exactly" detail how to generate a report that could tell you this information... while a couple searches could get you the information in pieces, you will find the answers around here...

Plus with the built in SQL I'm not sure how in depth you can go without actually querying the database directly...

Friday, October 9, 2015 11:33 AM