locked
PST Capture - Error on upload to 365 RRS feed

  • Question

  • I am trying to use PST capture to upload PST's into a 365 account.

    I cant connect ot 365 and see the available mailboxes, I start the import and it runs through the first stage ok.  It then gets to the point where its actually uploading data.  It progresses and says 50 of 100 etc. 

    It then fails with the following error code- 

    Import Error: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)
    Folder IPM_SUBTREE\Calendar.

    I've tried with a few pst's - some just email and this one which was just a calendar.  The same error occurs on all of them,

    Has anyone encountered this and found a fix for it?

    Thanks
    Matt

    Friday, February 10, 2012 1:27 PM

Answers

  • Matt,

    This error is caused when Outlook (or in this case PST Capture using the Outlook 2010 x64 libraries) can't access the Exchange Server.  This is sometimes caused by a firewall (either external or on Windows) and other times other errors in the network. 

    Is your progress indicator (50/100) for items in the inbox, or on the connection?  Can you take a screenshot?

    Ankur

    • Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:05 PM

All replies

  • Hi Matt,

    Regarding to your question, you'd better ask in Office 365 support forum.

    Here's the link for you:

    http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/default.aspx

    Thanks.


    Rowen

    TechNet Community Support

    Monday, February 13, 2012 6:17 AM
  • Hi Rowen,
    Thanks for your response, unfortunately at the moment the office 365 support forums generally say this method of importing isn't supported and point you in the direction of this forum.

    I'll try there and see if I get any luck.

    Thanks

    Matt

    Monday, February 13, 2012 1:18 PM
  • Matt,

    This error is caused when Outlook (or in this case PST Capture using the Outlook 2010 x64 libraries) can't access the Exchange Server.  This is sometimes caused by a firewall (either external or on Windows) and other times other errors in the network. 

    Is your progress indicator (50/100) for items in the inbox, or on the connection?  Can you take a screenshot?

    Ankur

    • Marked as answer by Rowen-Xu Tuesday, March 6, 2012 8:57 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:05 PM
  • Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this?  We are troubleshooting the exact same issue.  Have a Windows 2008 R2 box fully patched, Outlook 2010 fully patched, sign-in assistant installed and working.  Any mailbox gets a couple of folders into the import and throws:

    Error: The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)

    I'm going to try from another network this weekend but if anyone has found a solution to this it would be a big help to our migration.

    Chris

    Friday, March 16, 2012 5:00 PM
  • Did anyone got solution to this problem? I have been looing for the answer to this problem for last one week but couldn't get any solution yet.

    Thanks.

    Nik

    • Proposed as answer by Adrian NUNSYS Friday, June 1, 2012 3:58 PM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:17 AM
  • The Microsoft Tool to import PST files to O365 works?? I have try and get error and in most of the forums says NOT WORKS, where can we get a Official response, there is option in the programm to import from PST to O365 but no one can be import and not solution for the problem??
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:18 PM
  • We experienced the same rpc error problem with several migrations.

    The solution for us was to open the PST file in question with Outlook, noticed that the Calendar folder type was not a "Folder containing Calendar items", but just a normal "Folder containing Mail and Post items". We created a new empty Calendar type of folder into the PST file, and moved all items from existing Calendar folder to this new one, and deleted the old folder.

    After that the PST was imported successfully without RPC errors.

    Hope this works for someone else, too. Would be nice to hear some feedback.

    • Proposed as answer by Adrian NUNSYS Friday, June 1, 2012 3:58 PM
    Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:08 PM
  • We have remove ALL the Folders are not Mail and try again with a 434,3 MB PST file and seems WORKS !!
    Friday, June 1, 2012 3:58 PM