none
TCP Congestion Control in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

my question refers to the default congestion control algorithm in Windows 10. Is Compund TCP (CTCP) enabled as the default TCP congestion control algorithm? Or is it sth else? What options are availbe in this context with Windows 10 and the upcoming server versions?

Kind regards

Tom

Monday, August 3, 2015 8:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

Thank you for your question.

By default, CTCP wasn’t configured in Window 10, we could run the following command:

Netsh Interface Tcp  show global

We could check the value of “Add-on Congestion Control Provider” is none. We could configure it into CTCP in CMD.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

Thank you for your question.

By default, CTCP wasn’t configured in Window 10, we could run the following command:

Netsh Interface Tcp  show global

We could check the value of “Add-on Congestion Control Provider” is none. We could configure it into CTCP in CMD.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.

Best Regard,

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 11:21 AM
  • Hello!

I have a question how I can see all available parameters and set the desired one.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:10 AM
  • Jim,

Old answer; perhaps something has changed. I'm using Win10 1709. When I use the netsh command you recommend above, I see "default", not "none", for "Add-On Congestion ..."

Is "none" the default?

I see the info in your 2015-08-27 note below, "By default, CTCP wasn't configured in Window 10". Just confirming, please!

Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 26, 2018 5:48 PM