none
D+1, D+2,D+3 RRS feed

• Question

• How may I change my entire project displaying 'D+1', 'D+2', 'D+3' as dates, instead of the traditional dd/mm/yy style?

Explaining:

My projects have all the same default structure, I use it only to send to my customers with minor changes, so go changing the start date and saving it to send it is time consuming.

Monday, January 27, 2014 2:18 AM

All replies

• Leocantoemello --

Every versions of Microsoft Project needs dates, so the first thing you need to know is that what you want to do is not possible.  The best you can do is to hide the Start and Finish columns, and then format the Timescale bar with custom labeling.  To do this, complete the following steps:

1. Double-click the Timescale bar in the Gantt Chart view.
    2. On the Middle Tier page of the Timescale dialog, click the Label pick list and select Week 1, Week 2, ... (From Start).
    3. Click the Bottom Tier tab.
    4. On the Bottom Tier page of the dialog, click the Label pick list and select D1, D2, D3, ... (From Start).
    5. Click the OK button.

Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, January 27, 2014 4:06 AM
  • Leo,

Depending on how far you want to carry this, you could create couple of custom text fields to display the pseudo-date information you want. For example use the following formula in the Text1 field as the representation of the task Start date. Note: this assumes the "D" is the Project Start Date.

"D + " & ProjDateDiff([Project Start],[Start])/[Minutes Per Day]

Likewise for the Finish field, use the following formula in Text2:

"D + " & ProjDateDiff([Project Start],[Finish])/[Minutes Per Day]

Couple this with Dale's recommendation for the timescale and you're pretty close to what you want.

Hope this helps.

John

Monday, January 27, 2014 4:02 PM