Hyper-V BSOD Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (bridge.sys) RRS feed

• Question

• I’m running windows 8 release preview and I’m trying to use Hyper-V on my laptop it generally runs ok except when I try to connect the virtual machines to the internet. I consistently get blue screens of death following this process:
    1.    Create a virtual switch for an external network that uses my wireless card
    2.    Disallow management operating system from sharing the adapter.
    3.    Start Ubuntu 12.04 desktop i386 iso
    4.    Attempt to install Ubuntu using network options and third party stuff
    5.    Crashes management operating system soon after I select my location

MiniDump file: http://ge.tt/93z0gBK/v/0?c

that file is from last run

It would be great if someone can tell me how to get wireless cards working in the release preview but I shouldn't be able to cause a BSOD so I just hope this is fixed by the RTM. Below is some more information which I discovered trying to get this to work if it helps at all.

for your information this is running on a Lenovo x220 tablet with 8gb of ram and intel N-6205 wirless.

Allowing or disallowing the management operating system to use the shared network adapter both produce the BSOD in the end (if allowed the host operating system after restarting the virtual adapter can connect to the internet but the VM cannot and If the management operating system is not allowed to connect to the internet then the VM can but both ways result in a BSOD and I can’t use a VLAN ID otherwise there will be no internet connection.)

if ubuntu is installing on a clean disk it takes a while for the computer to crash however if I try and install ubuntu over that crash by erasing the disk it crashes almost instantly.

Ubuntu has crashed when I'm simply running it from the iso and I can't get it to crash without running it from the iso and not connected to a network.

to get the internet working on the management operating system after sharing the wirless adapter I have to restart windows then restart the virtual adapter.

Hopefully this is enough information to recreate and fix this bug and tell me the way of setting up a network connections to a vm through an lintel wireless card.

Monday, July 9, 2012 7:56 AM

All replies

• What happens if you use a wired NIC instead of the wireless?
    Monday, July 9, 2012 6:32 PM
  • Hi,

Any update with the issue?

Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Issue still exists with RTM...
    Sunday, August 26, 2012 3:48 AM
  • Hi, have a look at my new blogpost for quick solutions:

http://henkhoogendoorn.blogspot.nl/2012/09/bsod-in-windows-8-on-bridgesys-driver.html

Hope it helps!

My blogs: Henk's blog and Virtuall | Follow Me on: Twitter | View My Profile on: LinkedIn

Monday, September 24, 2012 2:51 PM
  • You can go to repair and select Advanced Repair option then it will show the options in numbers then reboot your system. It will give many options then select "Safe Mode" and log-in, once you are logged in go to device manager and uninstall all "Hyper-v" Drivers even Wireless or Network driver if required. Reboot your system and you can login without any issues go to device manager and scan for hardware changes and it will install drivers automatically.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012 2:31 AM