none
How to disable automatic timesheet population with project tasks? RRS feed

• Question

• We are using Administrative Time in Project Server timesheets for time tracking, and at this point we do not want users to update project task actuals through timesheets. This works fine. However, every time a project task is assigned to a user, it automatically appears in that user's timesheet as a line item, which creates confusion. We have set Default Timesheet Creation Mode in PWA Settings to "No prepopulation", but it did not change this behavior. Is there a way in Project Server to prevent assigned tasks from appearing automatically in users' timesheets?
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:27 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately not, this behavior just trigger how the timesheet is created.

Please mark any helpful reply as answer so other users with a similar concern can refer to it.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Kirill K Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:43 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Just go to the server settings, timesheet settings and default then check the following option (no prepopulation) :

Hope this helps,

Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:31 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for the prompt response! As I mentioned in my question, we did exactly what you described, but it did not change the behavior. Is there anything else that needs to be done for this to work?

Thanks,

Kirill

Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:44 PM
  • Hi Kirill,

Sorry for reading too fast your post :-(!

The change will be applied only on new timesheets, existing timesheets will still be prepopulated. Did you try to navigate to futur timesheets to see if the prepopulation works?

Hope this helps,

Thursday, November 6, 2014 1:50 PM
  • You are right, new timesheets are not prepopulated now - I just tested that. However, if I assign a new project task to a user, it is still being added to that user's existing timesheets automatically. Is there a way to prevent that?

Thanks,

Kirill

Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:08 PM
  • Unfortunately not, this behavior just trigger how the timesheet is created.

Please mark any helpful reply as answer so other users with a similar concern can refer to it.

Hope this helps,

• Marked as answer by Kirill K Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:43 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:25 PM
  • I see. Thanks for this info, Guillaume.

Kirill

Thursday, November 6, 2014 2:43 PM