Multimedia Audio Controllers RRS feed

• Question

• I've had my computer for 2 years, I've purchased it from a company that has gone out of business.  They installed the Microsoft Office XP standard package on it.  Last week I was decided to clear up some memory on my computer and deleted the Multimedia Audio Controller from my computer.  My computer works fine, I just can't get any sound.  How do I install the drivers again without wiping out my files?  Which CD should I insert to install the drivers back onto my computer?

Richro

Saturday, January 19, 2008 5:37 PM

Answers

• Hello Richro,

Thanks for posting!

To reinstall the driver for your audio card, you may use the driver disk shipped with the computer.

If you can’t find the driver disk, please confirm the model of your audio card and try to get one from Internet. To find the model, you may refer to the manual shipped with the computer or specifications about the computer from Internet.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hello Richro,

Thanks for posting!

To reinstall the driver for your audio card, you may use the driver disk shipped with the computer.

If you can’t find the driver disk, please confirm the model of your audio card and try to get one from Internet. To find the model, you may refer to the manual shipped with the computer or specifications about the computer from Internet.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 3:47 AM
  • It took two hours to find the answer for me!  Thank you, YOU intelligent well educated experienced person!  I appreciate your reply!I have an older Dell Desktop.  The multimedia audio controller has yellow question marks on it.  I uninstalled it and it still did not reinstall w/out the question marks because it says it cannot find the program that created it.  It acts like it was never there at all.  I will follow your directions because I do not have any of the original manuals etc that came with this computer.  This one is in my kid's room so I need to try and make the sound work.  Thank you so much.  Stephanie Nelson Mobile, Alabama
    Wednesday, April 20, 2011 7:09 PM