WMP issues RRS feed

• Question

• I've encountered an issue with Windows Media Center... in full screen mode, when I'm playing an mp3, I cannot stop or pause it. The only way out of media center is through task manager. I can 'end now' when I select the application, I don't have to end process to get out of it. Task manager indicates wmplayer.exe is using about 33% of cpu resources, other than that, I'm running task manager and firefox 3.0 (using between 10-22% cpu from time to time (not surfing or even the active screen, just have the cnn.com web site in the browser.
    Playing mp3s with the windows media player interface, the sound (especially near the end of a song) is jumpy. MP3s play pretty well with Winamp 5.4. Any suggestions on how to improve WMC and WMP performance?
    Monday, January 12, 2009 11:34 PM

Answers

• I just played a mp3 in full screen mode  and I was able to pause -  skip - stop
    dont know why you cant
    remember when  in full screen mode you just move the mouse and the controls show up
    oh and add  the patch for WMP if u  havent already

enjoy!
    • Proposed as answer by Windoctor Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Saturday, February 7, 2009 1:22 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:15 AM

All replies

• I just played a mp3 in full screen mode  and I was able to pause -  skip - stop
    dont know why you cant
    remember when  in full screen mode you just move the mouse and the controls show up
    oh and add  the patch for WMP if u  havent already

enjoy!
    • Proposed as answer by Windoctor Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Saturday, February 7, 2009 1:22 AM
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:15 AM
  • Thank you. Are you referring to the patch for the mp3 issue?
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:06 AM
  • YES I am..  But i dont think that would have anything tp do with the prob;em youre having just thought id remind just in case  :)
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:08 AM
  • yes, the mp3 patch is installed. I'll try closing everything I can and then see how it goes.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:37 PM
  • Yeah that happened to me too. Do you have any plugins installed? Because that's what caused the problem for me, I just disabled it and I haven't had it happen to me since.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:14 AM
  • Nope. No plug-ins installed for me.
    Wednesday, January 14, 2009 12:40 PM
  • This may sound dumb, but do you have a lot of music, and do you use WMP often?  WMP 12 takes a looonnng time to catalog everything.  WMP might just be tyring to catalog your folders and it hammers the PC's resources when doing so.

The first time I used WMP12, I set my library folders as usual and started playing some tunes while waiting.  I decided to check out some of the features at the same time - big mistake.  I changed to full screen mode and the machine totally locked up until it finished indexing which took a good 30 minutes!
    Friday, January 16, 2009 4:48 AM
  • Not a dumb question at all. I'm running a fresh install and configured my music library at that time, and yes it has been scanning my folders. I have about 30 Gb of mp3s and it has cataloged for about 40 minutes the other day before I moved on to another program. I'll give it time to finish its job adn let everyone know it turns out.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:02 AM
  • Tried here and it worked fine.

I problem i had with wmp 12 is when i start a video throught its library (instead of playing it from a explorer location for example) i can't skip the video, it just goes to the begining.
    Saturday, January 17, 2009 4:15 AM