none
Change password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi expert

we have an issue with change password .

we have WEB application(implementing with TOMCAT) and OWA for exchange server , when user change password he/she only login to OWA with NEW password but on WEB application login with old and new password.

how can i fix this issue ?

please give me hand to fix this issue .

• Edited by raminsr Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:06 AM
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:04 AM

All replies

• Hi raminsr.

It's because your OWA Exchange Server is working with Active Directory users, but I have to ask you, is your web application works in Domain environment too? If not then you have to join or integrate Identity system with Active Directory.

Hamid Sadeghpour Saleh Microsoft MCT Regional Lead

hamidsadeghpour.net

Mark it as answer if your question has solved in order to keep forums updated.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:23 AM
  • YES our web application working with Active directory and its join to our active directory .

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 6:43 AM
  • Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

To better understanding our question, please confirm the following information:

1. According to "when user change password", do we mean user change AD account password or mail account password? Where do we change this user password?

2. According to "
    he/she only login to OWA with NEW password", what account do we use to login to OWA?

3. According to "
    but on WEB application login with old and new password.", what account do we use to login to WEB application?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:13 AM
  • 1- i mean AD account password

2-we use AD account to login to OWA

3- we use AD account to login to WEB application 

so we have problem only with WEB application after change AD account password ,AD account login to WEB application with old and new password but with OWA everything ok and AD account login only with new password .

• Edited by raminsr Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:39 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 3:35 AM
  • Hi,
    If we logon other domain-joined clients? Can we logon with old password or new password?

What is this WEB application? Whether it store the old credentials for a few day, then we can not login to this WEB application with old password after a few day?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 10:19 AM
  • for logon domain join client we only login with NEW PASSWORD .

We know we have problem with WEB application , this we application using TOMCAT as web server .

*when we use AD explorer for 60 second we login with old and new password with AD account.

Saturday, July 20, 2019 4:24 AM
  • Hi,
    According to "for logon domain join client we only login with NEW PASSWORD.", I know we can logon domain join client only with NEW PASSWORD, so there is no issue with the password.

I am sorry, we do not know much about TOMCAT, I suggest we can submit a request on TOMCAT forum or community to obtain further help.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, July 22, 2019 12:02 PM