MTP Device Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

My mp3 player, a SanDisk Sansa C250, doesn't work, the automatic driver instillation fails so I went to the device manager to update the driver from there. I says that the driver is up to date so when check the properties it has this error:
     "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". Upon clicking the check solutions button a window pops up saying "Can not load driver software" with a progress bar and then closes itself. Also the device says its connected and other USB  devices work in the drive I'm using. Finally the device itself is up to date and compatiable with Vista acording to the SanDisk website.
    Saturday, November 22, 2008 9:54 PM

Answers

• Cristian

Did the device ever work on this system?

If so, did you install the latest drivers from the SanDisk website when you first installed the device or were the drivers installed automatically from the Vista driver store?

Some things you can try to troubleshoot the problem.

1. In Device Manager, right click the device and and select the Scan for Hardware Changes item.

Note the results.

2. If this does not work, make sure that you have a copy of the latest drivers available from the SanDisk website..

Right click the device and select the Uninstall item. OK all of the prompts.

Leave the device attached and reboot the computer.

If the Found New Hardware wizard starts on reboot, select to install the drivers manually and use the latest driver.

Let us know the results.

If this post helps to resolve your issue, click the Mark as Answer button at the top of this message.

Ronnie Vernon
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Desktop Experience

Sunday, November 23, 2008 2:08 AM