Looking to host a VM in the cloud...AWS, AZURE, GCP, confused by all the options RRS feed

• Question

• Afternoon All,

I really need someone to point me in the right direction and cut through all the tech/branding words. Basically I am looking to virtualise a physical server(PC) and get it hosted in the cloud with a hosting provider, so I don't have to worry about hardware issues and backup. General specs are;

Windows 10 Professional
    4GB RAM
    300GB HDD

It's not doing anything to fancy, it does some scripting and a few other tasks, but it needs to be accessible via the LAN where clients are in a workgroup. Basically it needs to work as it does now as if it were sitting in the office.

I've been trying to look into all the services out there and I know, Amazon, Microsoft and Google offer services, but can someone point me into the right direction of which type of service I require? I understand that I may have to opt for a server OS, instead of Windows 10 Professional? Also budget is important, so if anyone can recommend another well know provider it would be much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Trevor
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:59 PM