none
Project server 2010 permissions related question RRS feed

• Question

• New to Project Server.

Client has Project server 2010

When a new request is raised the team then creates sites for the specific projects, and then "Synchronize" the site collection
    After the site is created and Synchronized when we click on the site we get accessed denied.

The users added to the group "Web Administrators Group (Microsoft Project Server)" should be able to create sites and make all the changes required. But in my case they get accessed denied. i Checked the group permissions and made sure that all the check boxes were checked.

The same when done with the site collection admin account everything works fine.

What wrong am i doing, please guide.

Satyam. 

Monday, May 2, 2016 6:59 PM

All replies

• A few questions to clarify, not sure if I can help but I'll give it a shot. 

• Are you creating the sites via the Project Web App Settings page or are you trying to do something in SharePoint Central administrator or somewhere else? 
    • What Security permissions does this user have within Project Server beyond the Web Administrators Group?
    • Have the permissions been changed for any group or is everything out of the box? 

By default a project site can be created when you publish a project or later via the settings page. When you do this the permissions for this site match the project server security groups. Team members on that project can view the site, those assigned tasks can contribute and project managers have designer access (i believe). 

Look at how the users are configured in project server to see how to address. 

Stephen T. O'Connor Jr., PMP soconnorjr@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 12:48 PM