printing problem RRS feed

• Question

• hello,
    i have printer 1010 on windows xp computer and i can print normally
    i make this print shared over the network
    i can print a test page but i can't print from other applications like word or excel ....
    i try to install other print and the same problem is happen, i try to reinstall the driver and the same problm is happen
    any suggest?
    thanks.

Microsoft Lover
    Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:09 AM

All replies

• To solve this, you need to click on printers and faxes in ‘Start’ menu and then on the ‘Help and support center’ on the ‘Help’ menu. Then click ‘Fixing a printing problem’ and then the printing troubleshooter. In order to fix problems regarding printing images in certain formats, you need to open the image in Microsoft Paint. For fixing problems regarding error messages, you need to contact the system administrator to check server disturbances.
    Monday, February 7, 2011 7:59 AM
  • Try resetting the print spooler to defaults with Microsoft KB200007 fix it tool.Then reinstall the driver.

Try downloading a new Driver fro your (assuming HP 1010 series). You might want to find the Zenographics driver series, searching online.

In addition you have to know that if you are sharing th eprinter with other Operating systems then Windows XP you might need the  Respective driver for those particular Operating Systems.

Good Luck!

Please do not forget to select the best answer if it helps you! The Ultimate computer newbie guide since the discovery of spoon feeding! The Computer Manual dot Com
    Tuesday, February 8, 2011 3:22 PM