Proclarity web professional window showing blank RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with a user that cant seem to access Proclarity Pro in the web interface, I have given him the all rights in Proclarity Admin Tool. I can open Proclarity pro on the same computer with my user deatils but he's just seems to open a blank winodw no tool bars nothing.
    When I select a report to browse professional opens up but the window stays blank white.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 5:29 AM

Answers

• The 'blank web pro' issue is usually caused by a user's FavoritesID being incorrect.  If you open the Users table you'll see that each row has a 'FavoritesID' column.  This field links to the Books table where the Favorites books are stored (myviews).  What you'll want to do for this is return all rows from the books column and order by the 'CreatedBy' field.  The MyViews books all start with "AAAC0822..." and you'll want to match the BookID of the user's MyViews book to the FavoritesID field for that user in the Users table (copy/paste).  You could also try deleting the user account in PAS and then having the user re-connect and try launching Professional.

hth!
    Sean

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Monday, July 27, 2009 3:21 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 11:01 PM
  • Hi,

We've encountered this problem as well. it helps if the user first opens a view in web standard mode. After this has been done, Web pro will launch in the correct way.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 9:07 AM
  • In addition to Sean's suggestions, you'll both want to make sure you're patched to the latest ProClarity hotfix version.  We saw issues such as this with Web Pro in the initial 6.3 release.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:44 PM

All replies

• The 'blank web pro' issue is usually caused by a user's FavoritesID being incorrect.  If you open the Users table you'll see that each row has a 'FavoritesID' column.  This field links to the Books table where the Favorites books are stored (myviews).  What you'll want to do for this is return all rows from the books column and order by the 'CreatedBy' field.  The MyViews books all start with "AAAC0822..." and you'll want to match the BookID of the user's MyViews book to the FavoritesID field for that user in the Users table (copy/paste).  You could also try deleting the user account in PAS and then having the user re-connect and try launching Professional.

hth!
    Sean

Monday, June 15, 2009 11:01 PM
  • Hi,

We've encountered this problem as well. it helps if the user first opens a view in web standard mode. After this has been done, Web pro will launch in the correct way.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 9:07 AM
  • In addition to Sean's suggestions, you'll both want to make sure you're patched to the latest ProClarity hotfix version.  We saw issues such as this with Web Pro in the initial 6.3 release.

Regards,
    Amanda
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:44 PM