UAC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Ok I want to start migrating the PC’s at work to vista but kind of want to get UAC sorted before starting.

So basically I want to Enable Ran all administrators in Admin Approval which is fine I know how to do this though group policy. But the tricky thing is that I want to automatically deny elevation requests for standard users so their wont bug me for credentials and they think there just can't perform the task.

But this mean I when I have to do something on a user’s computer that requires elevated rights I'm unable right click on the application and ran as administrator. I don't want to logout of vista and then login with my admin account for a simple fix.

Any idea on how I can do this?

How have other people gone about UAC with policy within AD?

This is one of the major reasons why I don’t want to deploy vista

Cheers,

Brett

Monday, March 23, 2009 3:52 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Since you set the automatically deny elevation requests in Behavior of elevation prompt for standard users, it is by design that the Run as Administrator option would be wiped off from the right-clicking. For your current situation, I suggest you using the following tool, which might do work to meet your requirement.

ShellRunas v1.01

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/cc300361.aspx

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by Andy Song Monday, March 30, 2009 7:20 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 10:42 AM