How can I find ssd in registry? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi world.
    I need to find a specific ssd in registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\(IDE/AHCI)\(ssd_name)\(serial_number)\Device Parameters\Disk" where I need to put some registry key like UserWriteCacheSetting properly.
    The problem is the ssd is different for each computer. So I need to locate the Interface Guid and then change/add the keys afterwards within that interface.
    Please give me amazing ideas using batch file or powershell.
    Thank you very much.
    Regards
    Chris
    Monday, August 12, 2019 6:54 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Thanks for your posting here.

Since your query is more related with powershell, Which our forum doesn't focus on, I would suggest you have this asked in powershell forum for better answers. Here is the link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverpowershell

You can also find scripts in the Gallery that do what you are asking:

Script Gallery

Forum for Script requests

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:13 AM

All replies

• $s= gci Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\(ide/ANCI)\ | select name

$s | %{ $t = $s.name ; gci registry::$t }

You can manipulate the commands to get the values from the registry. That's a start.

S_K_P

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:22 PM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your posting here.

Since your query is more related with powershell, Which our forum doesn't focus on, I would suggest you have this asked in powershell forum for better answers. Here is the link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=winserverpowershell

You can also find scripts in the Gallery that do what you are asking:

Script Gallery

Forum for Script requests

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 2:13 AM
  • Hi Candy.

Thank you for reply and I've just known powershell forum is separating.

I will post again.

regards

Chris

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:49 PM
  • Hi there. Thank you for reply.

I also thought the same thing, but it's not able to find ssd in different computers.

Do you have another ideas?

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 4:54 PM
  • Hi Chris, 

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.
    If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Candy

Thursday, August 15, 2019 2:12 AM