Custom content type columns not getting displayed in document information panel RRS feed

• Question

• I created a new content type "Sales Proposal" inheriting from Document content type, which has a few required columns, and added it to my document library. However, when I create a new Sales Proposal document, it does not show the Document information Panel in word.

However, when I create a simple Document, it shows me the DIM. I did check the

Always show Document Information Panel on document open and initial save for this content type

checkbox, but in-vain. Any help on how to associate / show columns in DIP for Sales Proposal?
    Monday, May 27, 2013 8:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to enable document information panel for the ‘Sales Proposal’ content type. You need to check the content type settings : 

1. Open Site content type setting page and edit the Sales Proposal content type. Make sure that the ‘Always show Document Information Panel on document open and initial save for this content type’.
    2. Open the library where the Sales Proposal content type is used. Open library settings page and edit the content type. Edit the Document information panel settings and check ‘Always show Document Information Panel on document open and initial save for this content type’.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:34 AM