none
Drivers tab is missing on boot image properties - ConfigMgr 2012 R2 Sp1 CU2

Question

• ConfigMgr version : ConfigMgr 2012 R2 Sp1 CU2

ADK Version : 8.1 (8.100.26020)

Image version : 6.3.9600.16384

We recently upgraded our ConfigMgr 2012 R2 Sp1 environment to Cu2 and the installation went without any visible errors. But after the upgrade completion and reboot we could not see the Drivers tab in boot images anymore.We tried to refresh the properties of the boot images after replacing the ConfigMgr boot images with the ADK one.

We also tried creating a fresh Boot Image in ConfigMgr by running copype, But still there is no Drivers Tab in the properties.Can you guys point me in the right direction to get this solved ?

Thanks

Kindly mark as answer/Vote as helpful if a reply from anybody helped you in this forum. Delphin

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:45 AM

Answers

• Is the SMS Provider co-located with your site server or is it on another system?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

• Marked as answer by Delphin S A Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:09 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:42 PM
  • Thank you pointing me out to the SMS provider Jason. Though we only have one SMS provider, the powershell command (get-wmiobject -class sms_providerLocation -namespace root\sms).machine returned 2 servers. But I could not see this on site properties or anywhere else.

I had to remove the traces of the second SMS provider to get this working. Thanks guys for your suggestions

Kindly mark as answer/Vote as helpful if a reply from anybody helped you in this forum. Delphin

• Edited by Delphin S A Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:10 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:09 AM

All replies

• That's a normal behaviour when you use a legacy Boot-Image with an updated Version of ConfigMgr. Try to update the ADK from 8.1 to 10.0

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgrteam/2015/08/05/windows-10-adk-and-configuration-manager/

Make sure you use the RTM Installer for ADK 10, and not Version 1511: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configmgrteam/2015/11/20/issue-with-the-windows-adk-for-windows-10-version-1511/

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 8:53 AM
  • Thank you for the prompt suggestion Simon. Yes, This seems to be common however, my other ConfigMgr 2012 R2 Sp1 Cu2 environment does not have this issue.

It uses the same ADK version and everything looks fine in that. I know in the longer run I would have to update my ADk, but right now I am looking towards fixing this rather than updating the ADK version since We have number custom created boot images which also need to be updated if I have to update my ADK.

Any suggestions ?

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:07 AM
  • The ADK version has to match the PE Version otherwise you won't see the tabs. That's the way it works and there is no way around it.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:43 AM
  • Hello Torsten.

The version matches and I can confirm that.

Let me be more clear about the situation. The ADK version remains the same before and after the upgrade.

Prior to CU2 Upgrade

ConfigMgr version : ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1

After CU2 Upgrade

ConfigMgr version : ConfigMgr 2012 R2 SP1 CU2

But now, No more drivers tab. Also, I tried the instructions available in he below post, so that the ADK version matches with the Image.

http://blog.coretech.dk/hra/missing-tabs-on-boot-image-after-installing-adk-for-windows-10-in-configmgr/

I even tried to create a new boot image with the wim file taken from ADK install location and still no drivers tab.

Please point me in right direction if I am missing something here

Thanks

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 11:04 AM
  • Dear Sir,

Have you tried to reinstall the ADK 8.1?

Best regards,

Jimmy

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:00 AM
  • Hi Jimmy. Thank you for you suggestion. I want to make sure that everything else is okay before I try and reinstall ADK. But since i have not got any further suggestions, I would go ahead and reinstall. I will update you guys..

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:54 AM
  • Is the SMS Provider co-located with your site server or is it on another system?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 1:42 PM
  • We only have one SMS provider and it's on site server itself Jason. I just reinstalled ADK 8.1 and still the same.

• Unmarked as answer by Delphin S A Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:09 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:33 AM
  • Thank you pointing me out to the SMS provider Jason. Though we only have one SMS provider, the powershell command (get-wmiobject -class sms_providerLocation -namespace root\sms).machine returned 2 servers. But I could not see this on site properties or anywhere else.

I had to remove the traces of the second SMS provider to get this working. Thanks guys for your suggestions

• Edited by Delphin S A Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:10 AM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 10:09 AM