Change from pop3 to imap RRS feed

• Question

• How do I change my Pop3 account in Outlook2013 to imap?
    Sunday, March 4, 2018 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi dragon61340,

You can follow this guide https://www.smodv.com/p/customer_resources/how_to_upgrade_from_pop_to_imap_on_outlook

When adding the imap account you should follow the email provider directions on which ports to set.

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:37 AM
    Sunday, March 4, 2018 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

There is no direct way to change the existing POP3 account to IMAP. You have to remove the POP3 account, add your IMAP account and then transfer the POP3 data to IMAP. See:

Convert from a POP3 account to IMAP

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:37 AM
    Monday, March 5, 2018 5:05 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 8, 2018 9:37 AM
  • Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem. If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Friday, March 16, 2018 9:48 AM