none
internet explorer 9 - corrupt for user profile. Insane error RRS feed

  • Question

  • 
    
    
    

    I have a windows 7 computer running internet explorer 9 running domain. If I login to the computer, with one user it doesn´t load our intranet site correctly. There is simply a blank page, and it is trying to reload and reload again and again

    If I login on the same computer with a different user, it works well for the user.

    I have of course tried resetting explorer several times, starting with no-add ins - but still, for this user it will not work. Also uninstalled explorer 9 and installed 10 - but still same error

    I have tried to install Mozilla on the user profile, and there it also works.

    I have tried to remove all installed programs in the control panel - still the same error, while if I login with a different user it works fine also when all programs are uninstalled.

    How do I find this error ?. There are couple of other users who have the same problem with their machines and this problem suddenly starts. Somehow the explorer corruped but is there any way to reset this (and yes - I have tried to reset it inside explorer, but don´t know if there is any regedit hack that do that it loads all default configs as first time a user login to windows ) Or maybe it is simply the user profile, but how can I clear the corrupted settings that do this error?

    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 9:43 AM

All replies

  • Have to say, that it has worked before - but suddenly it doesn´t .  If the same user logs into a different pc it works fine. So it is somekind of this user account on the pc that is corrupted and simply can not always delete windows profile, as we need to find the root course or fix without deleting windows profile

    Wednesday, April 3, 2013 10:05 AM
  • I do have the same issue. No way I can find what is causing this.
     
    Logon to a different (clean installed) machine with my own username/password than I can access that page. So it doesn't look like it has anything to do with rights on the accessed page.
     
    So it should have to do something with my userprofile on my machine. Deleting my complete userprofile is not an option. Internet Explorer settings are the same under my account as they are on a machine where it works fine.
     
    I have also tried Firefox and Chrome, with the same results as Rossoneris describes above, those works fine.
     
    Anybody an idee where to look?

     


    Nico P.

    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:45 AM
  • Hi Nico,

    compare the lists of domains in your trusted sites lists in each account. Ensure all machines/accounts are accepting the default security zone settings (consider using GPO to disable the Security tab in Internet Options so users can't make their own changes). If you have domains like google, youtube, Microsoft in your trusted sites list either

    remove them - all public access web sites work just as well in the Internet zone (with the default security zone settings)... definitely do not have facebook.com in your trusted sites lists, as many public access websites use fb connect. The trusted sites zone actually has less demanding security requirements to the Internet zone... It is mainly used by companies for B2B to access third-party pubic sites from sites in their Intranet zone.

    or

    use the wildcard notation for the domains eg.

    *.google.com, *.youtube.com, *.Microsoft.com

    with MS domains or sites using live login's you need to also add *.live.com to your trusted sites lists. There is a security setting in IE to prevent navigation into zones of lower integrity

    Regards.


    Rob^_^

    Wednesday, May 15, 2013 10:01 PM
  • Internet Explorer settings are the same under my account as they are on a machine where it works fine.

    You could try comparing what you get from  iediagcmd.exe

    A different kind of comparison could be done using ProcMon.   E.g. trace the problem scenario for both cases and compare the traces for their essential differences.   Hint:  start with coarse filters such Process and Thread events, see where the traces diverge and then use more refined filters for just those parts of each trace.

     
    Good luck

     
    Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

    Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the answers.

    Although all the domains were correctly placed (as far as I could see), Removing everything from the trusted sites and applying all entries with a * as first part in the internet zone, did the trick somehow.

    Comparing the files generated with iediagcmd.exe was almost impossible, as the profiles of these two users for IE seems to be different on so many places, that it is hard to get any relevant information out of it.

    But thanks again for all the help.

    Nico Peereboom


    Nico P.

    • Proposed as answer by Nico Peereboom Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:18 AM
    Wednesday, June 12, 2013 8:45 AM