After install Windows 8 and computer restarts and finishes getting devices ready then comes up with blue screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi so after installing windows 8 my computer restarts and does the last part of the install and then boots up to a blue screen with nothing on it. I think it has something to do with the resolution of the screen and if i tuen it off at the plug and on again it says your computer needs to be repaired press enter to continue or F8 to chose another boot option.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi so after installing windows 8 my computer restarts and does the last part of the install and then boots up to a blue screen with nothing on it. I think it has something to do with the resolution of the screen and if i tuen it off at the plug and on again it says your computer needs to be repaired press enter to continue or F8 to chose another boot option.
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 5:16 PM
  • Could you explain about your steps to install Windows 8? Did you run upgrade install or fresh install or dual boot?

Did you download Windows from the official website?

What is the message in the bluescreen error?

Could you post back your system specification?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:45 AM
  • It is a RESOLUTION problem i comes up with the loading screen the my monitor says in the corner were it tells me the resolution and it just say pc instead of pc 1024x768
    Wednesday, April 18, 2012 4:51 PM
  • do you get crash dumps?

Please start the Windows Explorer and go to the folder C:\Windows\Minidump. Next, copy the dmp files to your desktop, zip all dmp into 1 zip file and upload the zip file to your public Skydrive [1] folder and post a link here.

André

[1] http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproui/thread/4fc10639-02db-4665-993a-08d865088d65

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Thursday, April 19, 2012 10:05 AM
    Answerer
  • I cannot even get into windows because of the resolution
    Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:39 PM
  • Thursday, April 19, 2012 9:04 PM
  • which monitor do you use?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Friday, April 20, 2012 9:12 PM
    Answerer
  • Was there any message on the blue screen?

Did you install Windows from DVD or USB or it was upgrade install?

Please post back your system specification and model of your PC.

Also please describe the steps that you perform to install Windows 8.

Saturday, April 21, 2012 12:43 PM