none
Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter not working properly. RRS feed

• Question

• In win 10 i am trying to start virtual wifi, i am using this command- netsh wlan start hostednetwork ,

it shows- The hosted network couldn't be started.
                    The wireless local area network interface is powered down and doesn't support the requested operation.

Note- In device manager Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter is already ENABLE.

Another thing i want to say that if i disable and re enable Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter then the command is working fine until i turn off the wifi. After that if i am again doing the same it is not working, so i have to again  disable and re enable Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter for my command to work. It is a temporary solution i want the permanent  solution.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 10:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Mayank,

At the beginning, I appreciate your effort, it’s wonderful that you have found out a solution.

From our survey and experience, for your current condition, I suggest to check your WIFI driver in advance, make sure it is the latest version.

Then, go the Network and Sharing Center, you will see Troubleshoot Problems on that page. Just click on it, select Network as Network Adapter. There select "WIFI" as the type. Complete the procedure and try netsh command again.

In addition, there is a link introduces some methods to Fix The Hosted Network Couldn’t be Started Error in Windows 10, you have done a part of them, but I think it worth a look.

http://www.technicalnotes.org/fix-the-hosted-network-couldnt-be-started-error-in-windows-10/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope my suggestion can be helpful.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 15, 2016 2:38 AM
  • Still not got the solution..
    Monday, February 15, 2016 5:50 PM
  • Hi Mayank,

What’s the status of your virtual wifi now? Have you tried all of the methods I mentioned?

In order to assist you with problem, please tell us the progress of your condition.

Best regards,

Teemo Tang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, February 21, 2016 6:51 AM