none
Skype for Business (Conversation Sync between all platforms) RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know if this is the expected experience when going to Skype for Business Online, after moving users from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business (O365)....

When a S4B conversation is initiated on a mobile device (iOS or Android app) it will push to the recipients S4B client either on their Windows PC or mobile device.

Once they respond, the conversation is only then visible on the device where it was answered on.

Is there any way to have the entire conversation display on all platforms where the user is logged into? I keep getting complaints that people get the conversation on their mobile devices, then when they go to the S4B client on a PC at the office, they don't have the conversation to reference, and have to see if they can get the info from the mobile device.

Is this the norm or am I doing something wrong?

Our Exchange Environment is Exchange Online with Skype for Business Online (both O365) though we are still using a hybrid setup between both Exchange and Skype while we finish up the last few hundred on-prem user migrations to the cloud.

Thanks in advance for any useful guidance.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 12:10 AM

Answers

• Hi LifesRuff4anAdmin,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Regarding this issue, I did a test with SFB online, the result is the same as yours.

When a S4B conversation is initiated on a mobile device, it will push to the receivers either on their Windows PC or mobile device, for example, when you pick up message form your mobile device, then input the text, the SFB desktop client can’t see the content you input from mobile and vice versa.

Based on my research, it seems that it is the by design behavior, so we suggest you provide the feedback with the following link.
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Chris Hoche Friday, March 17, 2017 12:07 PM
    Friday, March 17, 2017 6:41 AM

All replies

• Hi LifesRuff4anAdmin,

Thank you for posting in our forum.

Regarding this issue, I did a test with SFB online, the result is the same as yours.

When a S4B conversation is initiated on a mobile device, it will push to the receivers either on their Windows PC or mobile device, for example, when you pick up message form your mobile device, then input the text, the SFB desktop client can’t see the content you input from mobile and vice versa.

Based on my research, it seems that it is the by design behavior, so we suggest you provide the feedback with the following link.
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Chris Hoche Friday, March 17, 2017 12:07 PM
    Friday, March 17, 2017 6:41 AM
  • skypefeedback just looks like a graveyard of suggestions. There are tons of duplicate feedback and votes for this feature since last year.
    Thursday, August 17, 2017 10:22 AM
  • I don't know if this is the expected experience when going to Skype for Business Online, after moving users from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business (O365)....

When a S4B conversation is initiated on a mobile device (iOS or Android app) it will push to the recipients S4B client either on their Windows PC or mobile device.

Once they respond, the conversation is only then visible on the device where it was answered on.

Is there any way to have the entire conversation display on all platforms where the user is logged into? I keep getting complaints that people get the conversation on their mobile devices, then when they go to the S4B client on a PC at the office, they don't have the conversation to reference, and have to see if they can get the info from the mobile device.

Is this the norm or am I doing something wrong?

Our Exchange Environment is Exchange Online with Skype for Business Online (both O365) though we are still using a hybrid setup between both Exchange and Skype while we finish up the last few hundred on-prem user migrations to the cloud.

Thanks in advance for any useful guidance.

Conversation history should be synchronized across devices.   After a response is initiated, it's true that the remainder of the conversation is only "pushed" to that device.  However, once the conversation is over, the history is stored in the Exchange mailbox under "Conversation History" and viewable on all clients, including mobile.

On-premise environments have to be running Ex2013 or newer, and explicitly turn this feature on.  I'd expect it to be already on in native O365, but perhaps you can check to see if it was turned off.

https://www.eshlomo.us/enable-server-conversation-history-in-skype-for-business-server/

Friday, August 18, 2017 4:55 PM