none
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. #4.4.7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

One issue i always face that sometime user get this message "Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. #4.4.7" if they try to send  mail through outlook and if they send mail through webmail they will able to send. Is this mail format issue which exchange server doesn't recognize.

Is anyone face this issue. Please reply

Thanks

Mukesh

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Mukesh,

How do you know you are not seeing the NDR from an email sent via webmail?  Same address or any address?  Also, did you try tracking the message sent via Outlook?  Also, in Outlook, are you sure that the address is correct?  Maybe you are using a bad cached address?  Try deleting the cached address and retyping it then send it off.  Also, check your connectors in Default SMTP Virtual Server properties and make sure you have not messed with the settings to something unrealistic.  Even though you said that webmail sends fine is check to see that you have reverse DNS setup correctly for your domain.

S

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:42 AM
  • Thanks for your Smappy,

I have checked thru message tracking center, its showing that it is delivered to user and its a same user. Thru Outlook it is showing NDR. Outlook address is fine. I have check SMTP Virtual Server as well , its correct. RDNS is also correct. I have informed to user for deleting cached from outlook. if it goes thru outlook after removing the cache even the cache id is also correct, then what could be the reason.

I have noticed that it doesn't happen all the time for particular domain or email id, it can happen for any domain or email id of that domain.

Thanks

Mukesh

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Does this user have this contact in his personal contacts? If so delete it sometimes it can happen if he has a personal contact and the email type is set incorrectly.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:43 PM
  • Hello,

Which version and SP information is your Exchange server?

Which version is outlook?

Try to delete Outlook profile and recreate a new profile, and check the result.

Try to reduce the number of recipients in the header of the message for the host that you are receiving this NDR from and then you resend the message and check the result.

Best Regards,

Lisa

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:13 AM
  • No,

There is no personal contacts.

Thanks

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:38 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

We are using exchange 2003 SP2, Outlook is 2007. Its working on on old profile aswell. But sometime it happens and i think this happen when we forward the message or reply the message which already has a mail chain. But when we create a new message and copy paste the data then it works.

Thanks

Mukesh

Friday, August 17, 2012 10:43 AM