Power Query add-in won't load RRS feed

• Question

• When i attempt to add the Power Query add-in, it doesn't stick.

When i select it, the load behavior says, "Not Loaded. The user selected to disable macros."

My macro setting is set to enable all.

When i log on as an admin, the add-in works fine. Normal user cannot add it.

Windows 8.1 with 32bit Office 2013. 

Thursday, December 3, 2015 3:58 PM

Answers

• Microsoft is now aware with this issue and is working on a fix.
    • Marked as answer by CasertaJ Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:33 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:33 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this issue. Can you go to File, Options, Trust Center, click on "Trust Center Settings...", go to the "Add-ins" tab and see which of the checkboxes are checked? If you unchecked them all, does it work?
    Saturday, December 5, 2015 1:06 AM
  • The first two are grayed out and i am unable to uncheck them.

One thing that i noticed is that on my Windows 7 machine, in the add-in window, it has Microsoft Corporation as the publisher, but on my Windows 8 machine, the publisher is <None>.

these are both installed through SCCM so they are installed the same way.  They both have the same check boxes checked and grayed out.

Monday, December 7, 2015 5:59 PM
  • It looks like these settings are being set by Group Policy in your company. Unfortunately that is the only workaround I'm currently aware of for this issue. Please speak to your IT administrator to see if you can temporarily disable these options, at least to determine if this is indeed the issue.

This link may provide more information: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff400327.aspx

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 10:40 PM
  • Do you know the specific location in the registry I can change this? i looked in both the Current User and Local Computer hive and have not found the policies.  I am the IT administrator working on this issue for a user of mine.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 1:47 PM
  • I do not. I'm trying to find out from the Office team.
    Saturday, December 12, 2015 12:08 AM
  • Were you able to get anywhere by following the steps under "Configure Office 2013 security settings by using Group Policy" in https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff400327.aspx?
    Saturday, December 12, 2015 12:21 AM
  • So when i disabled "Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher", it works.  Not sure why it isn't signed since it is a Microsoft application.  Again, it is signed in Windows 7 but not Windows 8.  Unsure where to go from this point.
    Monday, December 14, 2015 2:31 PM
  • Ok, the issue is that managed COM add-ins are loaded by mscoree.dll, and the mechanism by which this DLL is signed changed at some point. Disabling "Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher" is the only workaround I currently know of for this issue.
    Tuesday, December 15, 2015 4:34 PM
  • Microsoft is now aware with this issue and is working on a fix.
    • Marked as answer by CasertaJ Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:33 PM
    Thursday, December 17, 2015 5:33 PM
  • Hi CasertaJ,

have you launched a fix?
    Since working on Windows 8.1 Pro and Office 2013 Pro in 32bit, I have the same issue.

Regards, Arcus (working on SQL2012 SP3)

• Edited by arcus4.28 Friday, October 21, 2016 1:34 PM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 1:34 PM
  • Ok, the issue is that managed COM add-ins are loaded by mscoree.dll, and the mechanism by which this DLL is signed changed at some point. Disabling "Require Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher" is the only workaround I currently know of for this issue.

It doesn´t work for me, i´m currently using Windows 10, and Office 2010 std x86,

the addin only loads when running Excel as Administrator, 

Trust center settings are all NOT SELECTED.

Also tried the registry for BEHAVIOR with 3 value,

also checked disabled list, nada...

Friday, May 3, 2019 1:52 PM
  • Can you share a screenshot of your COM add-ins list?
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:53 AM