Is a Single Multifunctional User Role Possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to create a single multi function role with control over the granular permissions of each of the modules within this Single role which for this example we will call the role TEAM X, users of which require Incident resolver, change initiator, who also needs to be able to link an incident to an existing problem record but not create a problem record.

We have a number of teams that need to use the tool and each team will have multiple function requirements for example lets say Support Team X needs to be able to work with Incidents, change, problem. I would like to create 1 single role for Team x that would allow all of the functions instead of having to create 3 roles, one for incident, one for change and one for problem. Additionally I would like to be able to then control the granular permissions of the various functions within the single role so for example in the single multifunction role for Team X I would like to allow users to log change requests but not close them, log incidents and link them to a problem but not be able to close the problem record.

I have tried various configurations like creating the single multifunction role as an "Advanced Operator"  and then only ticking the boxes for each management pack task items that I would like the user to have permissions to in the tasks section of the role configuration screen yet it seems that the tick boxes just get ignored, ??

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joburgtaxi

• Edited by Joburgtaxi1 Friday, October 19, 2018 7:43 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2018 10:40 AM

Answers

All replies