none
AD printers cease to be the default but its default.

Question

• Hello everyone !

After upgrading our terminals from 2008R2 to 2016 i have very frustrating problem.

Sometimes some random users after logon got problem with printer, some software like abode reader tell that it cant print document cause no printer found in system or it just dont show that document is sent to printer, in the same time if i open this pdf with google chrome, it can print it without any problem, but its bad expirience for users to get such errors.

In control panel i can see installed printer but without green check mark, and if i right click that printer i see 2 or more printers installed and they have that check mark. (screen)

I hoped that it will be fixed with updates, but it has already passed 7 month and we still have this error.

Also i tryed to clean registry in HKCU all keys that got kyocera in name.

Also this problem appears on new user accounts.

To fix this i dance with a tambourine some times it helps to delete printer in user interface and reconnect it from printserver manually, some times i need to combine it with gpupdate /force or even relogin user session.

Problem appears on all 5 2016 terminals, but not on last one 2008R2, same network, same printers, same printserver.

May be someone got same problem and know what to do with it?

Saturday, April 28, 2018 1:11 PM

All replies

• Hi iliya,

Probably the remote session is getting the default printer from the local session. You need to set the correct default printer in the local session.

Regards

Simon

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. Regards Simon Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, April 28, 2018 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 8:25 AM
  • Hello Simon, thank you for your answer, but we dont have any local printers, users connect to terminal server from thin client, its 100% something wrong with Win Server 2016, cos as i said we havent such problems on 2008R2.

• Edited by iliya karin Wednesday, May 02, 2018 8:21 PM
    Wednesday, May 02, 2018 5:50 AM