Move an anchor that is linked to a frame? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to move an anchor so that is not anchored to a paragraph but instead a word in the text, a line in the text or a position on the page if the anchor is linked to a frame? I know it is possible to place the anchor to a position on the page if the anchor is linked to a picture, but my anchor is linked to a frame and therefore I don’t have the same possibilities.

I am using frames to keep together a figure with its caption since I use Endnote as a reference manager and this is the only way to keep the citations appearing chronologically. However, if there is a citation in the frame the number of that citation will be lower that the numbers of the citations placed in the paragraph that comes before the frame since the anchor is placed in front of the paragraph.

I am using MS Word 2010.

Thank you in advance. 

Thursday, September 5, 2013 3:24 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, it is not possible to anchor a frame to a specific text character.

As you probably already know, you can anchor a wrapped object (such as a text box or shape) to a character if you first set the absolute horizontal position relative to character (in the Layout dialog box for the specific text box or shape).

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Thursday, September 12, 2013 2:57 PM
    Friday, September 6, 2013 6:43 PM