Windows 7 Professional 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• I just built a new pc and installed Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and am having problems with almost everything.  When I would click on something to open it would put up the little loading symbol but the program wouldn't actually open.  It would be in the processes list though.  I can open the control panel and click once, after that it freezes and I have to end task out of it.   Any options to personalize or go into properties doesn't work.  I found that if I right click and choose run as administrator I can open programs.  That option isn't available for everything and this OS is making me feel like i'm not here!  I did a scan and it didn't say that I had and damaged, changed or missing files.  I am really at a loss right now with this OS.. I know the potential is there but I can not figure out what is causing these problems.  Right now all its doing for me is making my sexy pc look ugly.

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T

EVGA GeForce GTX 580

Western Digital Hard Drive - 1TB

ASUS Xonar DS

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 3:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Before going any further, I would like to verify these situations:

1 Did this issue appear before?

2 What have you done with PC before the issue appear?

According to your description, that seems the issue related with driver or programs conflict with Windows 7.  I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Unplug all unnecessary hardware and login with Safe Mode or Clean Boot

2 If it works well in Safe Mode, please remove all third party tools or programs, reinstall or update the hardware drivers to the latest version.

3 If the issue persists,  you can perform an in-place upgrade to fix the system issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:01 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:37 AM

All replies

• which 3rd party tools do you run?

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code" CLIP- Stellvertreter http://www.winvistaside.de/
    Tuesday, March 1, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

Before going any further, I would like to verify these situations:

1 Did this issue appear before?

2 What have you done with PC before the issue appear?

According to your description, that seems the issue related with driver or programs conflict with Windows 7.  I suggest to perform these tests to troubleshoot the issue:

1 Unplug all unnecessary hardware and login with Safe Mode or Clean Boot

2 If it works well in Safe Mode, please remove all third party tools or programs, reinstall or update the hardware drivers to the latest version.

3 If the issue persists,  you can perform an in-place upgrade to fix the system issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:01 AM
    Thursday, March 3, 2011 9:37 AM
  • pull that graphics card

and all accessory cards

install to factory board first, then add each component to a "SANE" SYSTEM.

Saturday, October 11, 2014 6:33 AM