none
WMP 11 No Longer Runs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

After installing SteadyState and applying a few restrictions to a new limited user account I found that WMP 11 would not run.  I cleared all restrictions via SteadyState (WMP 11 was not a blocked program) and tried again.  No luck.  Again, I verified there were no restrictions whatsoever and I uninstalled SteadyState.  WMP 11 still wouldn't run.  I then reinstalled SteadyState to see if anything turned up as checked as a restriction in the same account, and there was nothing.

When trying to run the WMP 11 executable directly through Windows Explorer I receive an error that says the path or device cannot be found, etc....  More to the point, the error message goes on to say that the account may not have the necessary permissions to run.

So, I figure there must be a registry or gpedit modification that can be made to allow it to run.  Any ideas?

My daughter can't play any music without it.....

Thanks

Thursday, February 28, 2008 6:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This appears to be a general Windows XP configuration issue. As this forum focuses on SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP public newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

FYI, I would suggest creating a new user to check the result.

Another suggestion is reinstall WMP. Hopt this helps.

Best Regards,

Friday, February 29, 2008 12:19 PM