SharePoint 2007 - webapplications.aspx \ siteapplications.aspx pages "page cannot be displayed" message RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a SharePoint 2007 farm that has been working fine for a while but recently the "webapplications.aspx" and "sitecollections.aspx" pages in Central Admin no longer works as I get a "Page Cannot be Displayed" message. This is bizard as Central Admin works as it should and the web applications are continueing to work fine.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? I have run PS config on the web servers which completed fine but the issue still persists.

The only thing I can think that could have broken the pages would be recent windows update as we have the same issue accross both of our SharePoint 2007 farms. Any suggestions welcome.

Monday, July 3, 2017 3:16 PM

Answers

• After delving into more troubleshooting on IIS with the 404 error, I discovered that it was a Request Filtering rule in IIS that was stopping the pages from rendering and producing the 404 error. Issue resolved :).
    • Marked as answer by msmith-uk Friday, July 7, 2017 11:00 AM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 11:00 AM

All replies

• you can try to diagnose the issue by Fiddler.

I also suggest to ask Microsoft support for help.

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 3:19 AM
  • After delving into more troubleshooting on IIS with the 404 error, I discovered that it was a Request Filtering rule in IIS that was stopping the pages from rendering and producing the 404 error. Issue resolved :).
    • Marked as answer by msmith-uk Friday, July 7, 2017 11:00 AM
    Friday, July 7, 2017 11:00 AM