none
Get rid of product key request and wlan connection screens.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm fairly new to MDT / WDS and I have created a regular win7pro deployment.  It works fine, except that just after the image has been transferred, during the Configure Windows state (before the installation of applications) Windows pops up the product key / activation form. Right afterwards the wireless network connection form is displayed.  We just have to click the Skip button on both of these forms as we tank student computers and the students themselves are requested later in runonce scripts to enter the product key from the label underneath the computer and they will also connect to the proper wireless network.

I have not found a key or setting to automatically skip the product key and wireless network forms during the installation. How do I disable these two?

Thanks for help on this

regards Tor

• Edited by bushtor Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:48 PM
    Thursday, August 8, 2013 7:47 PM

All replies

• The Out-of-box Experience (OOBE) stuff is set to be skipped automatically as long as the appropriate information is provided in variables.  The Product Key screen will get skipped if you pass it a key in CustomSettings.ini or are using a Volume License build that will use KMS to activate.  The Wireless setup should already be set to skip, but the value in your Unattend.xml is HideWirelessSetupInOOBE (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff716213.aspx).  Just make sure it's set to true.

David Coulter | http://DCtheGeek.blogspot.com | @DCtheGeek

Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:45 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the comments.  As mentioned in the above post we have OEM product keys (stickers underneath the computer) and we want the product key to be entered after the WDS tanking is finished and the student starts for the first time.

So there is absolutely no possibility to skip or somehow 'jump over' the OOBE product key form?

It is very annoying to run around having to click the OOBE's product key form 'Skip' button on a couple of hundred computers to proceed halfway in the tanking process...

Thanks for any help on this

regards Tor

• Edited by bushtor Friday, August 9, 2013 1:50 PM
    Friday, August 9, 2013 8:10 AM