none
Connect PowerBi to a Firebird database RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to connect Power BI tio my Firebird database (version 2.5).

As PowerBI doesn't propose this DB in the selection panel, can someone tell me if there is a possibility to do this ? Knowing that the DB is hosted on a eternal server (ODBC won't work)

Thanks

• Edited by JbGand Monday, September 3, 2018 8:44 AM
    Monday, September 3, 2018 8:38 AM

Answers

• Hey! 

I have no experience with Firebird database, but with any database/data source you need to make sure that you have a way to connect to it from a network standpoint. If the server is unreachable and/or has no internet access then a way would be to use something like what is being showcased on this thread.

My best suggestion would be to contact your DBA to understand what would be the best way for you to connect to that server/database as it relies on a number of variables from a security and network standpoint.

Monday, September 3, 2018 10:50 PM

All replies

• It is possible to write a custom connector if you have the skills. I suggest contacting Miguel Escobar (co author of M is for Data Monkey)

Self Service BI Expert using Power Pivot http://exceleratorbi.com.au

Monday, September 3, 2018 10:55 AM
  • Hey! 

I have no experience with Firebird database, but with any database/data source you need to make sure that you have a way to connect to it from a network standpoint. If the server is unreachable and/or has no internet access then a way would be to use something like what is being showcased on this thread.

My best suggestion would be to contact your DBA to understand what would be the best way for you to connect to that server/database as it relies on a number of variables from a security and network standpoint.

Monday, September 3, 2018 10:50 PM