Microsoft network server: Amount of idle time required before suspending session RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

The setting described in the topic was set to 15 minutes on the workstation GPO. User complain that they get the following errors in Adobe InDesign:
    The network connection was lost for the file *OpenedFile*.indd, or the file was modified by another process.

I think this setting is causing the issues.

More details about the setting: https://technet.microsoft.com/sv-se/library/cc776037(v=ws.10).aspx

My question is about the default settings on a workstation, what does "undefined" mean? What is default on a Win 8.1 machine? Should I disable the setting from the policy or set it to 99999 (effectively disabling it)?

Thanks
    P-H

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 7:26 AM

Answers

• A good place to start looking would be to check the properties of the network adapter in Device Manager and clear the check boxes under the Power Management tab for Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. 

If the computer is connected to the network via a wireless adapter, go into Power Options and modify the current power settings. 

Bruce Wooding Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro Windows for IT Pros on TechNet

• Proposed as answer by Charles_Wang_ Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Zen the Ocelot Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:19 AM
    Tuesday, September 29, 2015 11:53 PM