none
Hyper-V Complete List of Performance Counters

Question

• Hello All,

I was looking for the complete set of performance monitor counters for Hyper-V. Is there any specific document available with Microsoft describing about all counter set and their usage. Currently we are in the development of product that uses the Hyper-V performance counter to retrieve all required information. I was able to sort out some performance monitor counters from the Hyper-V server but still I would like to know the complete set of performance monitor counters supported by Microsoft for Hyper-V server.

Regards,

Dinesh Kumar

Application Architect - IBM

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the response.

I was using the links that you have referred here at the initial phase to collect the set of counters for Hyper-V. Is there any way that I can get the complete set of counter document from Microsoft team for Hyper-V. Appreciate your response on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh Kumar
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:25 AM
  • I have never seen a 'complete set of counter document' from Microsoft.  What you can do is look at the counters in perfmon which begin with Hyper-V and then use the above documents to gain knowledge on how to use them.  The above documents tend to talk about classes of counters, and looking within perfmon show you the individual counters.

tim

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:35 PM
  • Currently, I have drilled down the counters from the Hyper-V servers and other sources available.Just curious to know whether any complete document sources available from Microsoft end. Thanks for your information on the same.

Thanks,

Dinesh

Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:22 AM
  • Hi Sir,

I tried to find it but in vain .

There are only some bloggers mentioned part of them .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Sunday, April 23, 2017 10:59 AM
  • Maybe this will help:

Get-Counter -ListSet *hyper* | select -ExpandProperty counter
    Sunday, April 23, 2017 6:07 PM
  • On a machine where you want to use the counters, use something like

TYPEPERF -q > C:\temp\counter_q.txt

TYPEPERF -qx > C:\temp\counter_qx.txt

A lot of counters will be listed in both files.  The first is for those without instances.  The second is for counters with instances. 

Randy in Marin

Friday, December 29, 2017 9:41 PM