system service exception RRS feed

• Question

• i have a lenovo box. AMD quad core with 4GB ram running windows 8.1 Been fine for months, no new software (that i know of). My kids mainly use this machine. In safe mode, system is fine. In regular mode, i boot, get to profile selection screen. Click name.. login.

within first minute of profile loading, I get BSOD with error that it must reboot and to learn more, search System Service Exception. I have ran malwarebytes.. nothing

I have performed memory check... all is fine

i have no idea where to go from here... please help

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 1:03 AM

Answers

• thank you.. performed clean boot.. SEVERAL times.. started acting up in this mode too.. went to safe mode.. still had some issues. after a couple dozen reboots.. reenabling services a little at a time.. problem seems to have gone away.. now have all services loading as normal. No idea what fixed it. have downloaded latest windows updates.. and downloading latest Lenovo drivers now. thanks again for all of the responses
    Friday, November 7, 2014 12:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,  enter the safe mode and uninstall the software which was installed recently.
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 1:17 AM
  • only thing installed in the last 6 months was java update, adobe air and itunes update.. uninstalled adobe air and java update. Itunes was done 4 months ago but this problem just started a couple of weeks ago
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 1:18 AM
  • since you not the only one using this PC we cant confirm if there is no changes before this issue happen, you can check at program is there any software installation recently

and if at safe mode everything works fine its means there is software conflict, I suggest perform clean boot and updated all your driver from Lenovo site

collecting dump file will also can help investigate more details

share your Lenovo model

• Edited by britishdhez Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:26 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:26 AM
  • In addition to britishdhez.

How to perform a clean boot
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If the issue doesn’t appear, you can determine which one can be the cause by using dichotomy in MSconfig. Checking on half of Non-Microsoft service and restart, determining which half of the services cause the issue and repeating to check half of the problematic half services.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 6, 2014 8:31 AM
  • Also, it may help to look at the minidump files from the blue screen crashes with a debugger.

In Safe Mode can you zip up the minidump files in the C:\Windows\Minidump folder and then make available (provide link) via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site?

Here's a couple of links on using OneDrive (SkyDrive):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/skydrive/add-photos-files-faq

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/onedrive/share-file-folder

If you have problems zipping the minidump files copy the minidump files to another location such as a folder on the Desktop

Also, you do not necessarily have to zip up the minidump files, you can upload them one at a time.

Thursday, November 6, 2014 12:14 PM
  • thank you.. performed clean boot.. SEVERAL times.. started acting up in this mode too.. went to safe mode.. still had some issues. after a couple dozen reboots.. reenabling services a little at a time.. problem seems to have gone away.. now have all services loading as normal. No idea what fixed it. have downloaded latest windows updates.. and downloading latest Lenovo drivers now. thanks again for all of the responses
    Friday, November 7, 2014 12:40 AM

Great to hear that your issue was resolved.

It seems that driver updates and system updates fix your issue.

If the BSOD happens again, post back the latest minidump file as auggy mentioned for our research.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 2:54 AM