none
Windows DVD Maker - 1 or 2 problems that I would like to be removed RRS feed

• Question

• Well, I've recently used Windows DVD Maker (WDM) for a couple of DVDs that I wanted to create.

No problem, but one slight annoyance - the settings only let you choose between 4:3 and 16:9, which I'm perfectly fine about, the preview shows the film to be widescreen, which is the correct aspect for the video file, but once I insert the disc into any device that can run DVDs, the video file turns from a widescreen (or 16:9), to a 4:3, which makes the film look terrible.

Here are details of properties/settings of the videos and WDM:

Videos - HD Quality (1280 x 534 or 1920 x 856), AVI file format, over 2GB (usually)

WDM - 2012, Video Format set to PAL, DVD Aspect Ratio set to 16:9, DVD Burner Speed set to Fastest, Compatibility set to no video filters

This problem has happened to every film I've burned onto a DVD, and I would like to know if it's anything to do with the version I have, machine or if I'm doing something wrong.

I live in the UK so the video format WDM changes the AVI into (PAL) is correct.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas or solutions that may prove useful.

Regards,

Ryan Wilson

Sunday, July 6, 2014 8:14 PM

All replies

• You have accidentally posted your question in Microsoft Project Server specific forum , consider re-posting your question using appropriate  forum for faster and expert response

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Monday, July 7, 2014 3:52 PM