Add a missing server folder RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that the feature is also missing from my Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2 Preview test machine.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best Regards
    Jeremy Wu

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:38 PM
  • So is it just missing in R2 Preview, ie its a bug or removed completely?

I also noticed that the default server folder "Recorded TV" is no longer created when you turn on Media sharing is this intended or another bug?

• Edited by johnzered Monday, July 22, 2013 1:48 PM spelling
    Monday, July 22, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Hi johnzered,

Thanks for your reply.

What you described are the same in my test machine. However, please note that it is just a preview version. I will submit the feedback for you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards
    Jeremy Wu

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:14 PM
  • Hello John

This feature is available on the Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2 Preview. Can you please elaborate on the steps you are following to recreate the missing folder. In addition to this are we referring to standard folders or custom shared folder.

Regards

Mohammed Sabir [MSFT]

This post is "AS IS" and confers no rights. Mohammed Sabir [MSFT]

Friday, July 26, 2013 11:05 PM
  • Hello Mohammed,

To simulate that a server folder is missing I navigated to C:\ServerFolders using File Explorer. I then renamed the Pictures folder to Pictures1 and open the dashboard and the Status column displayed "Missing". In the Pictures Tasks to the right I have the options "View the folder properties" and "Stop sharing the folder". I today tried to rename the Users folder to Users1 and when I opened the dashboard I saw that instead of "Stop sharing the folder" in the Users Tasks to the right it said "Recreate the folder". So it looks like it works as intended for the inital pre-defined folders; Company, Users, Client Computer Backups, File History Backup, Folder Redirection. But not for Music, Pictures or Videos which are created once you turn on Media sharing. Also it doesn't work with folders I "manually" create and share either.

Also as I said before the Recorded TV folder isn't created anymore when you turn on Media sharing.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 6:18 PM