check spelling/grammar has stopped working (word 2007)? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows 7 machine that runs MS Office 2007 pro. A while ago, I once uninstalled the proofing tools by mistake - I had hoped that the windows update would patch things up for me, unfortunately not. I do alot of word processing and it is unbearable.
    (ps: I don't want to have to personally edit every single piece of work on my own every single  time!!!)

PLS HELP OUT GUYS!!!

H.T

Monday, June 30, 2014 4:34 AM

Answers

• Start Office setup from Control Panel (Control Panel | All Control Panel Items | Programs and Features); you should then be able to activate spellcheck again.

Alternatively, if you are saying that you uninstalled a language pack, just install it again from your download or disc. If you no longer have access to the installation file, you may be out of luck, I'm afraid, because Microsoft no longer sells language packs for Office 2007.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

• Marked as answer by George123345 Monday, July 7, 2014 3:18 AM
    Monday, June 30, 2014 9:06 AM
  • You may reinstall Word Proofing tools by following steps:

• Close Word.
    • Go on Programs and Features section through Windows control panel.
    • In the Programs and Features section, locate "Microsoft Office 2007" in the list and click on it.
    • Click the Change button on pop up menu bar.
    • Click the Add or Remove Features option and click Continue.
    • Now you will get a list of the parts of Office program. Click the plus-sign-in-square next to "Office Shared Features" to expand it.
    • Click the Proofing Tools box and choose Not Available from the menu.
    • Click the Continue button and wait for the program to finish.
    • When its finished, reboot your system and check the issue.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:29 AM

All replies

• Start Office setup from Control Panel (Control Panel | All Control Panel Items | Programs and Features); you should then be able to activate spellcheck again.

Alternatively, if you are saying that you uninstalled a language pack, just install it again from your download or disc. If you no longer have access to the installation file, you may be out of luck, I'm afraid, because Microsoft no longer sells language packs for Office 2007.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP

Monday, June 30, 2014 9:06 AM
  • You may reinstall Word Proofing tools by following steps:

• Close Word.
    • Go on Programs and Features section through Windows control panel.
    • In the Programs and Features section, locate "Microsoft Office 2007" in the list and click on it.
    • Click the Change button on pop up menu bar.
    • Click the Add or Remove Features option and click Continue.
    • Now you will get a list of the parts of Office program. Click the plus-sign-in-square next to "Office Shared Features" to expand it.
    • Click the Proofing Tools box and choose Not Available from the menu.
    • Click the Continue button and wait for the program to finish.
    • When its finished, reboot your system and check the issue.
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:29 AM