none
how to distribute diffrent class of IP address from one dhcp server RRS feed

• Question

• i want to lease diffrent class of IP address to all client ..

means : my dhcp server IP is 192.x.x.x but i want to lease IP address 10.x.x.x.

thanks and regards

Surendar

Thursday, March 23, 2017 10:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Surendar,

>>means : my dhcp server IP is 192.x.x.x but i want to lease IP address 10.x.x.x.

First you need to create scope is 10.x.x.x on DHCP server, and you could configure DHCP relay agent on each VLANs, and clients will obtain IP addresses from DHCP server.

Support multiple subnets with one DHCP server by configuring DHCP relay agents
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771390%28v=ws.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please check link above to get more information about DHCP relay agent.

Best Regards

John

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by John Lii Friday, March 24, 2017 6:20 AM
    Friday, March 24, 2017 6:20 AM
  • it directs me to RRAS and its bit confusing me .. so tell me clearly because i am very new to this concept.
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 8:57 PM
  • Hi Surendar,

>>it directs me to RRAS and its bit confusing me

You could configure DHCP relay agent on RRAS server, it will work as I mentioned above.

On RRAS server, you could provide address for VPN clients, and when clients connected to VPN server, it will be obtained IP address from DHCP server.

Best Regards

John

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 7, 2017 3:00 AM
  • i dont have VPN connection

so i tried with the custom option and finally it s showing packets are discarded in the DHCP Relay agent 

what we need to do now... I put my dhcp server IP in properties of DHCP also..but it it not working

and i have only one NIC card 

kindly help me in that ... since i am tryng no luck help me plesase

Saturday, April 22, 2017 3:09 PM
  • Hi Surendar,

You could deploy DHCP relay agent on switch, and you could contact with switch provider to get effect support.

>>so i tried with the custom option and finally it s showing packets are discarded in the DHCP Relay agent 

Did you configure custom option on RRAS server?

Did you check if there has related information?

Best Regards

John

Monday, April 24, 2017 5:19 AM
  • there is no much configuration ..!!!

so do you have any related doc with you

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:57 AM