none
Windows Hello Not Working for Domain Account after Anniversary Update RRS feed

• Question

• We have many users that utilize Windows Hello with their domain accounts. One user had to reset their Windows due to issue that were caused after the Anniversary Update. After the reset, Windows Hello is no longer available to them with their domain account. We have verified that it is not a hardware issue because Hello works with their local account. We have gone through all of the local Group Policies to make sure the proper settings were enabled, and we have verified that there is noting at the corporate group policy level that is preventing due to the fact that other users are able to utilize Windows Hello. We have also gone in an verified those policy settings as well. For this user, when logged in with their domain account, the Windows Hello options of fingerprint and PIN are grayed out.
    Monday, August 8, 2016 2:24 PM

Answers

• Thanks. I had seen that first post, but some additional entries on the forum post had come since I saw it and they were helpful. The issue is now solved for me by the following two steps:

Added the Registry Entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System] "AllowDomainPINLogon"=dword:00000001

Set the Group Policy items in Computer Configuration>>Administrative Tools>>Windows Components>>Windows Hello for Business to "Not Configured"

Our Domain Server is on 2009 R2.

• Edited by rrhutchrdu Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by rrhutchrdu Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:34 PM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 6:30 PM

All replies