none
Customizing Project Server 2010 Site Template - drop-down only has original option RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to create a custom PWA workspace template for Project Server 2010 and am only seeing the original "Microsoft Project Site" choice in the drop-down in both areas where you are able to choose a default template.

I've saved a modified workspace as a template, I've exported it and reimported it, I tried GACDeployment, I've activated the feature when it showed up in site collection features, IISReset, etc.

The drop-down is not showing anything other than the one choice. Anyone run into this and have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Greg

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:40 PM

Answers

• OK figured it out. I was trying to create a template starting with another workspace template ID (not the Project one, but a Sure Step one) and enabling the Project Server features on it.

When I instead started with the Project one and just manually forklifted all the things I wanted it worked. Unnecessarily tedious but I guess PS2010 is looking at the template ID and only using those.

• Marked as answer by Greg M Palmes Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:28 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:28 PM