Sequencing Custom Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have sequenced a custom application, just copy the folder content and register few dll's under system32 folder.

It is a MS Access app queries the data from backend db, and invokes a custom word template from file share exports the db content. However the word template has a reference to a dll within the bubble and fails with an exception during export process.

It works as expected if the dll is copied under system32 folder on the client machine. Any thoughts as how to enable the word instance to view the dll within the bubble..?

Sunday, July 21, 2013 1:42 AM

All replies

• Which version of App-V are you using?

Have you created a shortcut to Word within your App-V package? If Word/Access isn't running in the package, it won't see the DLL/s in the bubble.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Sunday, July 21, 2013 4:17 PM