how? RRS feed

• Question

• i have a problem with my hp pavillion dv6810us, everytime ask me for the key activation but i missing some number someone can tell me where can find???
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 1:33 AM

Answers

• The product key for the Windows Vista operating system is affixed to the bottom of your HP notebook computer.  If you are actually referring to Microsoft Office requesting a product key, one can be purchased from the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 8:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:26 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

If the Windows operating system that you are using was preinstalled by your computer manufacturer, you may find the Windows product key sticker on the computer. This number can be found on a Certificate of Authenticity label adhered to the bottom of the notebook PC.

How to activate the Windows operating system

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

More information:

How to identify, locate, and replace a product key

COA and Hologram

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, December 17, 2010 8:36 AM

All replies

• The product key for the Windows Vista operating system is affixed to the bottom of your HP notebook computer.  If you are actually referring to Microsoft Office requesting a product key, one can be purchased from the Microsoft Store.
    Carey Frisch
    • Proposed as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, December 17, 2010 8:37 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 5:26 AM
  • Hi,

If the Windows operating system that you are using was preinstalled by your computer manufacturer, you may find the Windows product key sticker on the computer. This number can be found on a Certificate of Authenticity label adhered to the bottom of the notebook PC.

How to activate the Windows operating system

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

More information:

How to identify, locate, and replace a product key

COA and Hologram

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, December 17, 2010 8:36 AM