Trying to create MDT image for HP z240 getting driver error message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello we have a boot image that works fine for our HP Z420 through PXE boot to install windows 7 but on our Z240 small form factor models we get an error.

The error is

"A connection to the deployment share ((\\(company server)\DeploymentShare$) could not be made.

The following networking device did not have a driver installed.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B7&Subsys_802E103C&Rev_31

Retry: Try again to connect to the deployment share

Cancel: Give up: cancelling any in-progress task sequence.

I already tried inserting what I believe is the OEM driver into both the deployment share out of box drivers folders and also into the driver package section of WDS and injecting those drivers into the lite touch image. However I still get the same error...

I was using e1d62x64.INF from a z240 machine using the OEM installation. The adapter reads I219-LM....but yeah I still cant get it to work.

Monday, March 21, 2016 9:48 PM

All replies

• Windows 7 x86 or x64? You get the error in Windows setup or @ PXE boot when WPE starts?

Jack

• Edited by JFetter Monday, March 21, 2016 10:18 PM
    Monday, March 21, 2016 10:15 PM
  • x64 sorry for not stating before. 

It's letting me PXE boot with F12 and then it's loading the Mirosoft solution accelerators and it is allowing me to click "Run the deployment wizard to install new operating system"

However after clicking that I get the error. 

Tuesday, March 22, 2016 7:41 PM
  • Hello, 

I had the same problem with MDT 2013 Update 1 and HP Z240.

The solution is use Drivers "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM" "e1d62x64.INF"     "V: 12.15.22.6" 

You can download it here : https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=i219-lm

Update deployment share and upgrade boot image.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 1:42 PM
  • I am unable to browse to that site for the driver. I am receiving the same error as above. Also to note that when i try to boot into a windows 7 media disk that all inputs no longer work. I am unable to click OK at the select language for install screen. Finally Clonezilla which has worked without fail is also unable to boot in via NIC. Any insight as what could be causing this and what a fix would be?
    Thursday, March 31, 2016 3:24 PM
  • In a basic sense you will need to find the driver and use Total Control

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Thursday, March 31, 2016 9:51 PM
  • Hello, 

I had the same problem with MDT 2013 Update 1 and HP Z240.

The solution is use Drivers "Intel(R) Ethernet Connection I219-LM" "e1d62x64.INF"     "V: 12.15.22.6" 

You can download it here : https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=i219-lm

Update deployment share and upgrade boot image.

This fixed my network driver issue and I was able to install the image but now I need to find USB drivers because the installed image didn't work with any of the preloaded USB drivers. But a step in the right direction. 
    Monday, April 4, 2016 8:09 PM
  • Used the driver from HP website for the Z240 small form factor and inserted it into the image and also made it available in the out of box drivers. Installed file version 4.0.2.42 for the usb 3.0 extensible host controller and the driver 12.15.22.6 for the network adapter.

I have a image that I can work with now!!

Monday, April 4, 2016 9:59 PM