none
PS 2013 - Edit an inactive resource with an invalid user account. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, after an user was deleted from the AD and set inactive with the next sync, how can I still make changes to that resource? Seems I cannot save any changes to Enterprise Fields without a valid Logon-Account. 

Thanks
    Arne

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Arne, try to convert this user to Generic Work Resources, may this can help you to change Resource CF.

Ray

• Edited by Ray Chapa Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 1:42 PM
  • Thanks Ray, but that option is inactive for existing resources in the edit resource page. Or did you have anything else in mind? I cannot save from Pro...
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 2:12 PM
  • Hi, 

When you delete some user from your AD, the next sync that users are inactive now, so, if you want to edit some CF, you need to enter to Resource Center, check or select this user and then select from ribbon "Edit Resource", after that, you'll able to set this user like generic check this image, for 2013 dosen't works, in which version you work??? let me try to find out this for 2013. Read this post for 2013

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/77fac96e-f2fa-41b6-864d-2b22bdb1b484/project-server-2013-cannot-change-non-generic-to-generic-resource?forum=projserv2010setup

Ray Chapa

• Edited by Ray Chapa Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:48 PM
    Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:15 PM
  • Yes, this isn't possible as of now as the user account specified is validated with AD when we are trying to edit and save it.

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, September 9, 2014 5:24 PM
  • A good news! This is fixed in the Sept 2014 CU for Project Server 2013: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2889856

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Dinesh S. Rai - MSFT Enterprise Project Management Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:29 PM